Excel – Intro
Our 1 day Microsoft Excel Introduction course is suitable for complete beginners to Microsoft Excel.
We can run closed courses for your group with customised content to suit your requirements, or you can attend our public courses.
A working knowledge of Windows is required, or our Introduction to MS Windows course. No experience of MS Excel is required.
At the end of this course you will have a good working knowledge of Excel basics. You will feel more confident using Excel and be able to create a spreadsheet from scratch.
Understanding and using some of the built in calculation and formula functionality will allow you to be more productive in your work and home Excel environments. Spreadsheets that you create will be easier to use and look more presentable.
After completing this course you will be prepared to attend our Advanced MS Excel training course.
- Toolbars & Menu Bar
Basic File Operations
- Open, Close
- Save & Save As
- Print & Print Preview
- Set Print Area
Formulae & Functions
- Operators & Precedence
- Standard Functions (Sum, Average, Max, Min, Etc)
- Replicate Command (Use With Formula/ Functions, Fill
- Formats/ Series/ Trends, Days, Etc)
- Create New, Modify Existing
- Use With Formula
- Customise Existing
- Create New
- Header Row
- Ascending/ Descending Order
- Use First Key Sort Order (For Custom Lists)
- Text & Numerical (Data)
- Patterns & Borders, Alignment
- Wrap Text, Centre Across Selection
- Merge Cells
- Split & Freeze Window
- Insert/Delete Rows & Columns
- Adjust Row & Column Height/ Width
- Embedded Chart
- Sheet Chart
- Options (Titles, Legends, Data Labels, Data Table, Etc)
Customising Page Setup
- Orientation & Margins
- Headers & Footers
- Gridlines, Titles & Page Order
- Scale Print
- Set Row & Column Headings
- Split Screen
- Insert & Rename
- Copy/ Move Within Current File And To External Files
- Group Sheets (Select Adjacent & Non-Adjacent Sheets)
- Link Worksheets Within A Single File
- Link Worksheets to External Files
- Protect Cell Ranges
- Password Protect Files